For a lot of people, the misfortune of having a missing tooth or teeth can certainly be a morale shattering situation. Having to always hide a smile can create a feeling of embarrassment in different social circumstances, and missing teeth can also go on make someone look and feel older.
Nearly all teeth replacement treatments depend on some type of bridgework or dentures. However, dental implants have become a much more favouredoption due to them leaving the patient with permanent and regular looking teeth.
Dental implants use:
- Astate of the art surgical method to merge a tooth or teeth to the jawbone.
- Perfect for those who are in respectable oral health, people to be treatedwill have to have healthy gums and bone enough to maintain the implants
- Dental implants from Sunshine Dental, can last one’s life, and due to the tooth beingfitted permanently into the bone, you will practically forget it is there
There are two major sorts of dental implants.
- Subperiosteal implants are fitted on top of a person’s jaw. The metal framework extends through the jaw to grasp the tooth. Anyone with a minimal bone height who is unable to wear dentures will be more likely a patient for this kind of implant.
- Endosteal implants are installed into the bone with screws, cylinders or blades. Every implants may hold one or more teeth. These kind of implants are utilised for anyone who has bridgework or removable dentures.
There are a lot advantages to having dental implants:
- The rate of success is very high
- The implants being fitted straight into the jaw, meaning there is no recession of the gums as there is with bridgework or dentures
- Dental implants also require no work to any neighbouring teeth, unlike bridgework
- With dental implants, no one will ever know you have a replacement tooth or teeth
- Dental implants can be used for a single tooth, many teeth, or even all of someone’s teeth.
Typically, the number will be determined, partially, by the amount of bone in a patient’s jaw. For instance, the area in the upper back area of the mouth normally has very little bone and is usually not the perfectarea for implants.
Dental implants may be carried out on patients of any age group and the entire process can take a small number of months, due to the framework which has been fitted into the bone having to rest for a while prior to a tooth or teeth being added. (During this period of time, temporary teeth can be fixed). After all of the skilled work has been completed, the end result is permanent, natural looking teeth that will feel as if you have always had them for the whole of your life.
However, there is one problem – youwill now find that after having a fitting that you now have a new found habit of constantly smiling all the time!